Conserving energy helps keep the cost of electricity down for everyone. When customers use electricity more efficiently, generation can be more cost-effective. This reduces the cost to make electricity, which then reduces the cost of using electricity. You can do your part. Here are some tips:
- Use energy intensive appliances during off-peak hours (between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.)
- Make sure your home is well-insulated
- Caulk windows
- Turn off lights that are not in use
- Set your thermostat higher in the summer and lower in the winter
- Purchase energy efficient appliances
- Use space heaters on a limited basis
Did you know...
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFL's) use one quarter the energy of an incandescent light bulb? Find more information about CFL's @ http://cflknowhow.org/home.html.